Maximising the Liquor Licence Database in your business
The latest figures from the Drinks Association's Liquor Licensing Database reveal there were 2041 new liquor licences granted in Australia in the six months to December 31, 2019.
Victoria led the tally with 674 new licences, followed by Queensland with 510, NSW/ACT with 476, South Australia with 162, Western Australian with 123, Tasmania with 72 and Northern Territory with 24.
It was a busy year for Victoria, which also led the tally in the previous six months, seeing 803 licences issued from January 1 to June 30, 2019. In contrast, Queensland licencing was more subdued in the first half of 2019, with only 331 issued.
The statistics also show there were 3285 licensee transfers from July 1 to December 31 and 2698 closed licenses.
Updated daily, the Liquor Licence Database is a one-stop source for everything your sales and commercial teams need to know about liquor licence holders and retail banner membership nationwide, including licence names and numbers, addresses, change of ownership, new, transferred, surrendered and suspended licences plus banner membership details.
Coming soon, this database will also contain the relating ABN number for all businesses to assist with credit checking.
• Track daily licence updates for all States including new, transferred, surrendered and suspended licences.
• Capture all banner information aligned to a licenced premise.
• Receive consolidated movement reports published weekly/monthly.
• Unlimited users per subscription.
• Territory mapping and geo-coding
• Maintain accurate customer master data, supporting CRM
• Identify new business opportunities
• Reconcile rebates and payments
The database is a core service available to all Drinks Association members. For more information, contact Marketing & Membership Manager Kylie Le Lievre on firstname.lastname@example.org