The week's top stories for women in drinks
Women in drinks was thrilled to officially launch its inaugural mentoring program, plus great diversity moves at Diageo and Chapel Hill, and a report on Diversity in the Australian Alcohol Industry was published in drinks trade magazine.
1. Diageo revealed how it's rewriting the marketing rule book
Diageo's chief marketing and innovation officer Syl Saller discussed how she's using its brands to facilitate change and normalise gender equality.
2. Serendis officially launched the Women in drinks Mentoring Program
Applications to be a mentor or mentee in the inaugural program are open until March 31.
3. Chapel Hill viticulturist Rachel Steer was profiled
Steer revealed to Grapegrower & Winemaker how she balances vineyard, office and winery work with the responsibilities of a young family.
4. drinks trade published a special report on diversity in the Australian alcohol industry
The report was filled with people who are passionate about promoting diversity in the Aussie alcohol industry.
5. The Australian Women In Wine Awards announced they were going global
Fabulous Ladies founder Jane Thomson revealed the 2017 Australian Women in Wine Awards ceremony will be held in London.
6. Courabyra Wines founder Cathy Gairn was named Woman of the Year
The creator of Tumbafest was awarded Albury’s 2017 NSW Woman of the Year accolade.